Aimed at downstream compliance managers to provide a basis for applying OECD Due Diligence for Responsible Supply Chains of Minerals from Conflict-Affected and High-Risk Areas in relation to the minerals their company sources included in their supply chain and product.
The one day workshop includes elements to enable participants to understand how to apply due diligence practically taking into account the general principles in OECD Guidance. This workshop includes:
• How are conflict minerals defined
• Current conflict mineral legal obligations in the US
• Proposed legislation for Europe
• What questions should be asked of suppliers and a suitable Reasonable Country of Inquiry (RCOI)
• How chain of custody works and the level of trust to be placed in documentation
• Established processes and forming a due diligence plan
• The risk assessment and defining the criteria
• An overview of upstream mineral programmes and their use in due diligence
• Downstream smelter programme (CFSP)
• Where does risk lie and appropriate mitigation efforts
• Company reporting of due diligence
The participant shall have a series of case studies to work through to apply what they have learnt in the day.